My Family Scrapbook

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Simple Vacation Scrapbooking Lay-Out

Several years ago, Bree, our daughter was invited to go on a vacation with one of her friends and family. We allowed her to go and she surprised me with many photos of her trip.

Today I am sharing a very simple lay-out of part of her trip. (There will be another lay-out or two soon but for now just the one 2-page spread.)

Here is the first page:


I use a sheet of 12 x 12 printed paper to do the squares and pulled out the colors in that paper for the cardstock to mat her photos and make the journalling box. To make the title, ric-rac, and scallop boarder, I used various dies that I had on hand. I used paper flowers with silver brads in the center for accents on the page.

Here is the second page:


On this page I numbered the pictures and they coincide with numbers in the journalling box.  Here is a closer picture of just the journalling box:


I use brads to accent the landmarks.

And here is a close up of just one of the photo boxes so you can see the number in the corner:


In order to pull the two pages together I used the same colors, same map paper and same flowers.  I also used ink to "dirty" things up. I do not like those flowers when they are plain.

It felt good to be back at my scrap table.

Happy Scrappin' ! ! !

Brenda

No comments: