My Family Scrapbook

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco De Mayo

I have to admit I don't celebrate Cinco De Mayo but a few years ago we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and it happen to be May 5. So I took out my camera and shot a few pictures since everyone was celebrating. I think my camera got passed around because there are even pictures of me, which almost never happens.

These pictures are from 2007 so I am exactly 3 years behind on my personal scrapbooks.

I took a Starting Blox from Scrapyland.com's Blog and used that as a guide and then used several of the dies that I bought from the ScrapLand.com store including the Paper Doll (and I also used the boy hair and boy clothes,) Mexico Collection, 4x8 License Plate Font, Triangles (Retired,) QK Tangerine Classic Font (retired,) and then I also reached for a Dies Direct set called Optimistic 1/2" Font, and I also reached for a stamp set from a company called Peachy Keen.

Every one of those peppers is two pieces and layered. The triangles are also each cut and layers.



To pull the two pages together a few peppers found their way on to this page.





I have to say I love the way my little Mexican dude turned out,



I guess even holidays that aren't holiday's in the U.S.A. can be celebrated. So with that I will say Happy Cinco De Mayo and let it go at that and my challenge is that you carry your camera with you because you never know when a holiday might present itself.

Happy Scrappin' ! ! !

Brenda

No comments: